[Container-tools] Single node kube setup in ADB Vagrant box

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 18:16:06 UTC 2015

On 11/17/2015 08:27 AM, Langdon White wrote:
> On 11/16/2015 09:56 PM, Jason Brooks wrote:

>>> kubectl
>>> oc
>> +1 I've been wondering about this, too.
>
> Because the version of kube in rhel "direct" is different from the
> version of kube in openshift. As a result, we were concerned that a
> developer would want to be sure to use the same version in dev as they
> would get in prod.
>
> At least this is the biggest reason. We have not looked to see if any
> of the "installation of openshift" changes how you can/could use kube
> directly. I suspect it is "no change" (or its a bug) but because of
> the prior reason, we haven't really looked.
>
> The grapevine says that the versions of kube will coalesce at some
> point which will (hopefully) make the "obvious answer" the right one.

This is a time based answer as they WILL be made to be the same version.

The only reason I know of which is not a point in time answer is for a
user to test if the app will work without openshift, i.e. have I used
any API's I may not have wanted to in openshift to they can say, Tested
on OpenShift or tested on RHEL/Atmoic and OpenShift..

Carl.