[Container-tools] openshift multi-app example

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 5 15:22:00 UTC 2015

I've been looking at fabric8.io as a front-end for a build service.
Installing fabric8 on openshift is a good candidate for atomicapp. It
clarifies the problem we're trying to solve[1].

They are leveraging their kubernetes work to deploy onto openshift. For
each kube file you have to manually create an OSE route. Here's the value
atomicapp can add:

- if provider is kube, just deploy artifact
- if provider is ose, deploy kube artifact and route artifact (simple file)
as well

Of course the packaging problem is also addressed along the way.

The issue we don't address is a param to select which components you want
to deploy. See instructions[1].

[1] Instructions:
http://fabric8.io/guide/fabric8OnOpenShift.html#install-via-the-cli