[Container-tools] Nulecule/OpenShift demo plan, progress and questions

Mark Lamourine markllama at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 13:24:02 UTC 2015

As I noted in yesterday's scrum, I think I finally have a plan for work to create a portable atomicapp.

I'm planning on using the mlbparks demo from the OpenShift Roadshow [1].  The sequence will run like this:

1) Learn to run it in openshift
2) Export the images and port to atomicapp
3) Re-import atomicapp to openshift.

This is also going to include coordinating work with OpenShift to create an atomicapp image that runs in OpenShift and has access to the oc client, the calling user's credentials. That's going to take several steps as well:

1) create a "hello world" atomicapp that merely connects to the openshift server, logs in and checks status.
  - add oc binary layer
  - takes credentials as input
2) update to assume credentials are provided
3) coordinate with openshift team to update oc command to either recognize atomicapps by label or by CLI flag to the OC command
4) create complete atomicapp capable of running in all three environments

I need to get the source images from registry.access.redhat.com (.openshift.com?) Aaron, where was the json file with the locations of the images on registry?
I've got access to the internal OpenShift service [2]

Christoph, you indicated in the scrum call that there were changes that would be needed to the MLB demo to make it work in nulecule.  Can you outline them for me?

I'm going to be creating cards for these in the Container Tools trello and I'll need to coordinate with someone in OpenShift who can either do the work to add the nulecule awareness or guide me in how best to do it.  If I have to do that part too the openshift part is at risk in the November time frame.

[1] http://training.runcloudrun.com/roadshow/06-jboss.md.html
[2] https://console.engint.openshift.com/console/

- Mark

--