[Container-tools] Including docker images in ADB Vagrant box

Vaclav Pavlin vpavlin at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 14:27:17 UTC 2015

Joe, the problem is we want OpenShift to be up and running when the user
first uses the box. That would be possible by running a script that will
pull the images on vagrant up, but that is very bothering cause every time
you do vagrant destroy && vagrant up to reset the environment, you will
have to pull bunch of images from the internet.

OTOH if the images are already in the box you can have you dev env really
local once you pull the Vagrant box and re-upping your box will not require
internet connection.

Cheers,
Vašek

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/29/2015 09:04 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> > One of the thing we want to do with ADB (Atomic Developer Bundle) is to
> > pre-load the vagrant box with some docker images (e.g. OpenShift docker
> > image).
>
> Wouldn't it be a good first intro to Atomic App if users grab the docker
> images using Atomic install?
>
> (That would also mean that the Vagrant Box wouldn't necessarily need to
> update each time the docker images update.)
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS