[Container-tools] Reusable Ansible scripts for setting up Atomic on CentOS/7

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:41:08 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Ratnadeep Debnath <rtnpro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> One advantage of this more modular approach is that the individual
>> roles could become candidates for submitting to Ansible Galaxy:
>> https://galaxy.ansible.com/intro#share
>>
>> The other larger bundles could then potentially be updated to pull the
>> latest versions of the roles from Galaxy, rather than direct from
>> GitHub: https://galaxy.ansible.com/intro#download
>
> Thanks Nick, for validating my proof of concept work :)

So, if we're to work on writing reusable Ansible scripts for Docker,
Kubernetes, Atomic, etc., should it be only CentOS/Fedora/RHEL
specific or generic? I prefer to write generic Ansible scripts, which
will work for RedHat and Debian distribution families. However, if
we're to release the ansible scripts on Ansible Galaxy under the
banner of CentOS, would it be proper to include scripts for Debian
too, then? Also, having generic scripts for multiple distribution
families would increase the maintenance overhead. However, if we
undertake the pain of maintaining the scripts, it will really be
helpful for the Linux devops community, in general, no matter where
they use RedHat or Debian based distribution, to use the Ansible
scripts, which are developed and maintained by us.

Regards,
rtnpro
--
Ratnadeep Debnath,