[Container-tools] Testing CDK + Eclipse Docker Tooling for VirtualBox provider

Navid Shaikh nshaikh at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 11:27:16 UTC 2015

Hi Max,

Firstly, thank you for the giving it a spin.

> On 31 Aug 2015, at 17:21, Navid Shaikh wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is regarding integration of CDK with Eclipse Docker tooling for
>> VirtualBox provider, and call for testing the same combination on
>> different platforms like Mac OS and Windows.
>>
>> For Mac OS, following are the perquisites
>> - Virtualbox setup
>> - vagrant setup
>> - Eclipse setup [1]
>>
>> For Windows, following are the perquisites
>> - Availability of `scp` and `ssh` utilities
>
> how come this is needed ?

There is a TLS enabled `docker` daemon running inside the box and client
needs respective client side certs to connect to daemon inside the box.
The certs pairs are generated inside the box.
Copying the required client side certs from box to host machine as part
of vagrant box provisioning is happening via scp. Host machine needs scp
and ssh to perform the copy over ssh operation.

>> - Virtualbox setup
>> - vagrant setup
>> - Eclipse setup [1]
>>
>> Document [2] has a Vagrantfile and few steps to setup atomicapp/dev
>> vagrant box for integration.
>>
>> Once you have the vagrant box provisioned you refer steps in document
>> [2] to test out integration.
>>
>> Kindly test and feedback either on list or by comments on gist [2].
>
> I've listed what I found on gist.
>
> a) does not work as described from docker cli

Requested few additional details to debug it on gist page
  - docker version
  - host machine

> b) in eclipse I can connect but not do searches (looks like some docker
> protocol incompatibility if I should guess)

Could be part of the upcoming release of Eclipse Docker Tooling Plugin -
Xavier would you like to add more detail here?

Apart from the search issue - I hope you can pull images and create
containers?

--
Navid