[Container-tools] vagrant plugin for adbinfo

Langdon White langdon at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 13:14:15 UTC 2015

On 09/16/2015 07:08 AM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:
> The vagrant plugin for the ADB, vagrant-adbinfo[0], is progressing
> nicely.  Currently it is used to copy TLS certificates out to the host
> and to provide the environment variables needed to enable docker and
> eclipse (amongst others) to access the docker daemon in the ADB.
>
> Navid and I would like to move it to the Project Atomic github project
> and retain commiting rights.
>
> Is there support for this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> regards,
>
> bex
>
> 0: https://github.com/bexelbie/vagrant-adbinfo

name. Is this meant to be a catch-all for any adb-related vagrant
functionality? If so, I think i would prefer "vagrant-adb" .. the "info"
part seems confusing to me... perhaps "vagrant-adb-support"? or
"vagrant-adb-helper"?

I also can't quite tell if the proposed "adb name change"
(https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/67)
is "real". I am starting to suspect it has moved beyond "joke" and in to
"may be we should do this." If so, we should make that change first.
Thoughts on a name change from this group?

On a minor side note, if we do move it under project-atomic in gh, the
gh project should be called adb-vagrant-adb (or whatever) to be
consistent with the other adb-related projects.

Langdon