[Container-tools] vagrant plugin for adbinfo

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Thu Sep 17 15:08:11 UTC 2015

On 09/16/2015 03:14 PM, Langdon White wrote:

> On 09/16/2015 07:08 AM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:
>> The vagrant plugin for the ADB, vagrant-adbinfo[0], is progressing
>> nicely.  Currently it is used to copy TLS certificates out to the host
>> and to provide the environment variables needed to enable docker and
>> eclipse (amongst others) to access the docker daemon in the ADB.
>>
>> Navid and I would like to move it to the Project Atomic github project
>> and retain commiting rights.
>>
>> Is there support for this?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> bex
>>
>> 0: https://github.com/bexelbie/vagrant-adbinfo

Good point and something I should have thought of at first.  I will send
the request to this list, but I want to get one more round of feedback
on the larger issues first.

> For me though, I am struggling with the
> name. Is this meant to be a catch-all for any adb-related vagrant
> functionality? If so, I think i would prefer "vagrant-adb" .. the "info"
> part seems confusing to me... perhaps "vagrant-adb-support"? or
> "vagrant-adb-helper"?

It provides info similar to docker machine's env command, but does more.
  adb-helper seems better.

> I also can't quite tell if the proposed "adb name change"
> (https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/67)
> is "real". I am starting to suspect it has moved beyond "joke" and in to
> "may be we should do this." If so, we should make that change first.
> Thoughts on a name change from this group?

I feel like we can move the repo without having settled the larger
naming issue.  I believe the name will need to change.  But since naming
things is hard, it isn't going to happen quickly.

> On a minor side note, if we do move it under project-atomic in gh, the
> gh project should be called adb-vagrant-adb (or whatever) to be
> consistent with the other adb-related projects.

cool.

regards,

bex