[Container-tools] Rethinking Nulecule

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 12 11:59:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10 March 2016 at 13:40, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 03/10/2016 01:14 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw Pradeepto's write-up on Helm/DM, using Nulecule for the 'bundle' format with AtomicApp with Helm/DM - does that not mostly complete the picture?
>>
>> What exactly do you mean by 'bundle' format? Do you mean the way we
>> are packaging things up and delivering them via a Docker image in the
>> registry?
>>
>> If you could expand on your statement that would be helpful.
>
> I'm guessing that by "bundle format" Carl means the nulecule
> descriptor of the composition of the multi-container app.
This will require the Nulecule spec to be radically updated, to
describe a group of applications, like docker compose does, rather
than just specifying where the artifacts are.

I think Nulecule could be something like libcloud[1] in the container
ecosystem. And, that's a value add people like me are looking for,
rather than just a package manager.

[1]: https://libcloud.apache.org/

Regards,
rtnpro