[Container-tools] guestbookgo-atomicapp cannot connect to DB

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Mon Apr 18 14:56:46 UTC 2016

On 04/18/2016 04:46 AM, Steve Bylo wrote:
> Hi list,

Hi Steve,

> I tried out the Atomic App after reading your blog <http://dustymabe.com/2016/01/18/running-nulecules-in-openshift-via-oc-new-app/> and came across a problem.
> Would appreciate any help to fix this.
>
> All seems to work except for redis master and slaves which go into "CrashLoopBackOff" state.  The app's web page shows "Waiting for database connection...".
>
> When I look into the docker logs I see:
>
> [root at ose3-node3 ~]# docker logs 2b4fa9d4d1d1
>
> *** FATAL CONFIG FILE ERROR ***
> Reading the configuration file, at line 103
> Can't open the log file: Permission denied
>
> and
>
> [root at ose3-node3 ~]# docker logs 0faa2fe981cc
> Could not connect to Redis at -p:6379: Name or service not known
> Failed to find master.
>

> Would this be the source of the crash?  If so, how to fix it?  Thanks for any help.

This is odd. Is there a chance your openshift environment is not set
up properly?

I just ran through deploying this on openshift within the ADB and I
did not have any trouble. See http://pastebin.com/raw/tLdR4u19

Can you try it on the ADB and see if you have the same trouble?
Also, if I happen to have access to your openshift environment I might
be able to look at it as well.

Dusty