[Container-tools] Organizing Github to track issues for ADB

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 10:40:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

We now have multiple github projects for ADB (Atomic Developer
Bundle).So for tracking the issues for 2.0 GA we need to follow a
pattern. So it is easier and predictive in nature. Here are the
guidelines I am suggesting for the same.

1. Projects should have "ADB 2.0 GA" Milestone. (i.e. we should use
milestone for release planning)

Note that Milestone is different than "Label" and Label does not help
calculating  the  "how many issues we have" or "how many already fixed"
or "how many needs to be fixed" for a release

2. We should have a "blocker" label and apply it to the issues which
must be fixed for a milestone.

This will help to apply a simple github filter and see how many blockers
are left for a milestone/release.

3. We don't need labels like "nice to have for ADB 2.0" as issues added
to a milestone and do not have blocker label automatically falls in to
this category.

4. Create label "needs discussion" and  add it required bugs. This would
figure out what needs more discussion and we should bring these issues
in respective meetings.

Let me know if you any comments on this.

Thanks,
Lala