[Container-tools] Version incompatibility of Docker client and server - projectatomic/vagrant-adbinfo issue #85

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 16:25:57 UTC 2016

On 4 Feb 2016, at 8:02, Bama Charan Kundu wrote:

> My suggestion is to package equivalent docker client in the ADB box (
> for Linux, OSX, Windows) and then we can expose these binaries through
> http server or equivalent.

Is there a working docker native windows client yet ?

btw. on the topic of supporting multiple versions - the way we do it
in Eclipse is that the spotify client we use don't perform the version
check.

So for now we survive on "luck".

Down the road we might have to extend the client to make it handle
differences between versions or in worst case bundle multiple client
jars to be able to target both the slower moving CDK and the actual
docker which most will use in the community.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen