[Container-tools] Version incompatibility of Docker client and server - projectatomic/vagrant-adbinfo issue #85

Bama Charan Kundu bkundu at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 07:22:03 UTC 2016

Re-framed the reply.

----- Original Message -----

AFAIK, I did not see docker native windows client, they have shifted
to docker toolbox. This tool box does all the setup related to docker
including boot2docker.

> btw. on the topic of supporting multiple versions - the way we do it
> in Eclipse is that the spotify client we use don't perform the version
> check.
>
> So for now we survive on "luck".

Does this mean that the API server of docker engine supports the older
native clients also?
They are restricting to use older docker client by version check?

> Down the road we might have to extend the client to make it handle
> differences between versions or in worst case bundle multiple client
> jars to be able to target both the slower moving CDK and the actual
> docker which most will use in the community.

Yes, I believe we should not be dependent on the docker teams design.
we should put this in a way to work completely on our architecture.
I am going through the vagrant options we can adopt, trying to get
through this.

Regards
Bamacharan