[Container-tools] Can someone write a real Getting Started guide for Atomic App?

Josh Berkus jberkus at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 18:24:51 UTC 2016

On 02/23/2016 07:36 AM, Ratnadeep Debnath wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 02/23/2016 06:26 AM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:
>>> Charlie and Dusty,
>>>
>>> Can we setup a call with Preeti and me.  We should take a crack at this to help and it would be a great starter project.
>>>

>> I'm in meetings all week so I might be hard to schedule. If you want to schedule something
>> with charlie/preeti and I'll try to make it.
>
> There's some usage docs for atomicapp at [1]. Does it help?
>
> [1]: https://github.com/projectatomic/atomicapp/pull/393

To be blunt: no.  That doc is pretty much only useful if (a) you've
already Nulecule-ized your apps and (b) you already understand how
atomic.app and Nulecule works.  It's "intermediate" documentation.  We
need "beginner" docs.

I'm looking for an answer to the question:

"I have an existing app in a docker container.  How do I turn it into an
atomic.app?  What does that get me?"

Currently, we have docs for that nowhere.

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS