[Container-tools] 10.1.2.2

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Thu Feb 25 09:09:27 UTC 2016

A fix for the hardcoded IP address will be in the next builds of the ADB
and CDK.  You should be able to just change the IP in the Vagrantfile
and everything else will react appropriately.

On 02/25/2016 05:28 AM, Rob Terzi wrote:
> For the vagrant box to be be accessible from the network, the
> Vagrantfile needs to specify public_network:
> - https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/networking/public_network.html
>
> Note: this will most likely mean DHCP, so that leads to the
> questions/tests that need to be done regarding the certificates and
> dynamic IP addresses.

Certs should already generate properly based on the IP of the box.
Certs will not generate properly if the box is behind a NAT or other IP
translation (such on AWS) where the box IP is not the same as the public IP.

> Also once the vagrant box is accessible on the network, the security
> needs to be tightened, changed the default passwords for vagrant & root,
> admin consoles, etc.
>
> Probably not a supported use case, but I can see people asking for it.

Production and Public IP use are not currently in scope, however fixes
for security would be considered.  The box, other than password defaults
should actually be pretty secure, but issues pointing out specific
issues are welcome.

regards,

bex