[Container-tools] Injecting corporate CA into container build environments?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 08:20:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm working on a project that's currently pulling from some of Red
Hat's internal git repos during the container build process. The
SSL/TLS certificate for the server hosting those repos is signed with
Red Hat's corporate CA certificate, so it can't be validated by the
default cert bundle in the base image - it needs to be added somehow.

A couple of the Dockerfiles work around this by disabling git's SSL
verification, but that's obviously not a pattern we want to be
encouraging.

Is there a standard answer to handling this and I'm just not finding it?

Regards,
Nick.