[Container-tools] Proposal for projectatomic/adb-utils Git repo

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 10:52:37 UTC 2016

On 01/22/2016 03:38 PM, Praveen Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need an RPM to contain the utility scripts that drive the ADB.
> These scripts do things like certificate generation.  This is also
> where the service files for the various orchestrators will live.
>
> To make it easy for downstream maintainers and to assist in builds, we
> propse that a new git repo be started under projectatomic.  The repo
> will be named *adb-utils* and will have the same maintainers as the
> ADB.
>
> This repo will allow us to clean up the Kickstart files for the ADB
> and create an easier to maintain script repo.
>
> Any suggestions/concerns?  Any objections?  If not, I suggest we
> accept lazy consensus on Wednesday Jan 27 at 0000 UTC.

The only objection is the name, the prefix adb makes it not convenient
when used with CDK. It will confuse the user with respect to what is ADB
vs CDK.

I can see we see that we will have this issue in future too e.g. when
ever we write a Vagrant plugin or a new package for ADB.

I would suggest to give a generic name e.g. developer-bundle-utils ( I
think I am terrible with names :) )  or something better.

Thanks,
Lala