[Container-tools] CI for ADB

Dharmit Shah dshah at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 13:20:22 UTC 2016

Hello,Here are some ideasand plan for $subject(as disscussed with some of you):

1. We will be testing examples in nulecule-library [0] on ADB [1].

2. An example would be tested on ADB against all the providers it claims to
work on.

    -This would help test custom Vagrantfiles (from ADB) for diffrent
providers as well

3. We are not sure if any nulecule example works for all supported providers,
hence we'll initially test two examples for each provider and prefer testing an
example that is known to work against maximum providers (eg: etherpad nulecule
app). More examples will be added in future iteration.

4. Not all the examples have captured information (in README) about what
a successful deployment looks like i.e. verification step to know if the
application is deployed correctly. It'd be helpful if we fix the
examples with the step to verify the deployment.

5. Tests will be performed nightly on the master branch of ADB. This will
involve building the ADB from its Kickstart file and then performing the tests.

6. Also, every merge in the master branch of ADB will trigger a test of one
example for different provider as mentioned in point 3. This won't involve
building ADB from its Kickstart file. Latest ADB build will be used for the
purpose.

7.The above tests will be  performed using CentOS CI infrastructure.

Let us know if you have any suggestion on this.

[0] https://github.com/projectatomic/nulecule-library/
[1] https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle

Regards,
Dharmit.