[Container-tools] [Devtools] docker-latest in ADB/CDK

Praveen Kumar prkumar at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 11:45:37 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty <lmohanty at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CentOS and RHEL is now providing docker-latest RPM along with regular docker
> package. Should we include it as part of ADB . IMO yes we should as it will
> give access to newer docker version to user if they need it. Also the
> question is what version of docker should be default installed in ADB?

AFAIK docker-latest we (as Red Hat) started building when docker broke
some old API around images/registry so that user have choice to use
accordingly. Currently if I check docker[0] and docker-latest[1] build
both looks same but in future that may change (not sure).

[0] https://brewweb.engineering.redhat.com/brew/packageinfo?packageID=13865
[1] https://brewweb.engineering.redhat.com/brew/packageinfo?packageID=57790

> Let us know your thoughts.
>
> [1]