[Container-tools] Queries wrt ADB Installation document

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 11:19:30 UTC 2016

On 06/10/2016 11:51 AM, Preeti Chandrashekar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was fixing the installation work flow and cleaning up the
> Installation doc for the ADB [1]
>
> I have created a doc PR for the same [2] and the following questions
> need answers or decisions:
>
> 1) Do we need the Manually installing ADB instructions (line number
> 215-231)? As it installs a plain vanilla ADB box which may not be very
> useful to the end user.

Yes, we should have the instruction. For some users t is easier to use
cloud.centos.org and they can get the nearest mirror to download it also
they use a download manager for a direct download link.

> 2) On the same note, do we need the Vagrant init step for installing
> ADB (lines 158-162 in the existing Installation Doc)?  Again, it
> installs a plain ADB box. Currently, this has been deleted in this PR,
> but could be easily reversed.

You are right about the instructions. I think they are half baked. i.e.
after "vagrant box add adb <local path to the downloded image>" we
should add steps about how user can use the recommended Vagrantfiles.

> 3) Do we want ADB to favor OpenShift/Kubernetes or favor Docker for
> its ease of use? This is relevant for the instance/example of the
> vagrantfile we provide in the doc. (lines 194-196)

The USP of ADB is OpenShift at this moment. I think we should use
OpenShift Vagrantfile as an example in general.