[Container-tools] Namespace for demo images

Scott McCarty smccarty at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 19:35:48 UTC 2016

So, I don't have a massive horse in this race, but I will say it keeps coming up all over Red Hat. Because of this, I created an article defining terminology that will hopefully help everyone get on the same page [1].

That said, I know Ben is against creating name spaces on the Red Hat Registry like aep3_beta and rhel_demos_fred_johnson_is_awesome, etc. I concur. That said, with demos, I don't see any sane way other than something like projectatomic_demos, unless you can create another layer in DockerHub's infrastructure? Something like projectatomic/demos/demo1 would be awesome, I just don't know if you can do that?

My 2c. I have the same pain with the Red Hat Registry. Since by nature, I am dealing with "the suits", I need to use RHEL images, and I can't put my demos on DockerHub :-(  Hence, I am in the business of distributing only Dockerfiles on GitHub for now [2]., though I would love to be able to contribute to your demo area with "some" CentOS demos too (there are certain things that I really need images for and CentOS is my closest fall back)...

[1]: http://developerblog.redhat.com/2016/01/13/a-practical-introduction-to-docker-container-terminology/
[2]: https://github.com/fatherlinux/container-supply-chain

Best Regards
Scott M