[Container-tools] Exploring a "Developer Workstation" option for Anaconda partitioning?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 13:11:24 UTC 2016

On 4 March 2016 at 14:45, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:

> > So what I'm wondering is whether or not it might make sense for us to
> > explore ways to offer an alternate partitioning scheme for Anaconda
> > that was tailored to container based development, rather than
> > expecting people to reconfigure their system post-installation? (The
> > system reconfiguration instructions would still be desirable, but
> > could hopefully be made less frequently needed, especially in
> > centrally managed environments)
>
> Your question is valid, but is this the right list?

My interpretation of the "container-tools" list charter was that it
covered container based development UX generally, so of the lists I'm
already subscribed to, it seems the closest, and once we expand the
question beyond the lists I'm subscribed to, I have too many open
questions to know where to start.

* I don't know where to look up the current disk partitioning scheme
used in Fedora (other than reading the change lists for F23 & F24 to
see if either changed it away from the LVM setup in F22)
* I don't know where to look up Anaconda's abilities in this area to
gauge whether I'd be asking for a configuration change or actual
feature development work
* I don't know what a reasonable size for a docker-storage-setup
volume would actually be

So posting here about it was mainly a matter of "maybe I'm missing
something, and this would be easier than I think" wishful thinking :)

Cheers,
Nick.