[Container-tools] Rethinking Nulecule

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 13:00:23 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> I like the proposal! :-)

I agree we should encourage adoption, zero barriers, etc, but I think we
should go in the other ​direction with the spec:
- focus on the high-level definition of the application and service
discovery, e.g. I want to deploy and connect 2 services
- we push artifact generation AND parameterization[1] AND application
lifecycle down to the platform, e.g. kubernetes and openshift.

With this approach we add value to the platform without duplicating. We
stop chasing low-level platform artifact/api changes. We help people
compose and distribute applications.

[1] by parameterization I mean the platform should have its own mechanism
for parameterization that we simply hook into.