[Container-tools] Rethinking Nulecule

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 20:21:14 UTC 2016

On 10 March 2016 at 13:40, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:

> On 03/10/2016 01:14 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> I saw Pradeepto's write-up on Helm/DM, using Nulecule for the 'bundle' format with AtomicApp with Helm/DM - does that not mostly complete the picture?
>
> What exactly do you mean by 'bundle' format? Do you mean the way we
> are packaging things up and delivering them via a Docker image in the
> registry?
>
> If you could expand on your statement that would be helpful.

I'm guessing that by "bundle format" Carl means the nulecule
descriptor of the composition of the multi-container app.

If so, I think the idea is that we use Nulecule as the descriptor
format, and Helm/DM as the package manager.

Charts seems to be what Helm/DM is targeting here. Is this somewhere
to get involved?
https://github.com/kubernetes/deployment-manager/blob/release-v1.2.1/docs/design/chart_format.md