[Container-tools] New and improved vagrant-sshfs

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Tue Mar 29 03:57:39 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

So I've been told that asking users to forward an ssh-agent or provide
a password to get synced folders working isn't good enough :(

Fair enough. I've done some research and found out how we can achieve
the mount without any of that (see [1]).

I have some code ready and I'm hoping to cast a wide net to get kinks
worked out before I release. Can I please get everyone to try it out:

First uninstall the existing vagrant-sshfs plugin that you may have
installed:

```
$ vagrant plugin uninstall vagrant-sshfs
Uninstalling the 'vagrant-sshfs' plugin...
```

Then install a custom build that I have done:

```
$ vagrant plugin install vagrant-sshfs --plugin-source https://dustymabe.fedorapeople.org/gemrepo/
```

And test it out by adding a line to your Vagrantfile:

```
config.vm.synced_folder "/path/on/host", "/path/on/guest", type: "sshfs"
```

Thanks!
Dusty

PS - I've BCCed some people I think are interested in this. Please respond on list.

[1] https://github.com/dustymabe/vagrant-sshfs/issues/11