[Container-tools] Automate ADB Provider Tests

Dharmit Shah dshah at redhat.com
Mon May 16 14:19:25 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Almost every time a new version of ADB [1] is about to be released, Lala
opens up an issue on GitHub [2] asking people to test out some basic
things. To me, he asks to check if the Mesos provider is working as
expected. It's generally a simple task that can be done in under 30 minutes.

I thought about automating this job, so that next time Lala has a
release candidate that he wants to be tested just before release, he can
go to a Jenkins UI and test it out at a click of button.

With my recently acquired knowledge of Jenkins and CentOS CI, I setup a
parameterized job [3] which requires one to enter the URL of the rc
build and trigger the job. It uses Python unittests and does a few basic
tasks/checks like:

1. pull the box from mentioned URL
2. does `vagrant up` to bring up the box
3. checks if required services (zookeeper, marathon, mesos-master and
mesos-slave) are running
4. start an atomicapp
5. destroy the vagrant box

The pull request for above mentioned job can be found at [4]. I'd love
to get some feedback on it to help it get merged.

If required, I can do a quick demo about this on Wednesday (2016-05-18)
at 1500 IST.

[1] https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle
[2]
https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/363#issuecomment-214976462