[Container-tools] [Devtools] openshift is way too permissive in the CDK/ADB

Clayton Coleman ccoleman at redhat.com
Wed May 18 12:12:27 UTC 2016

This is a usecase "oc debug" was designed to solve.

1. Set your app up normally (as root)
2. Get it working
3. Run "oc debug dc/foo --as-user=xxx"
4. See that it works or not

I'll add that flag, although it will be a while before it makes it into an
origin release.

On May 18, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

On average, the current CDK is move of an evaluator's tool, not a for-real
dev tool.  In a for-real dev scenario some super user would have configured
a team server and prepopulated it with "proper" base images, not ones from
Docker Hub.

If we locked down the CDK to only production ready base images then it
would fail for the average evaluator who is trying their first experience
with Linux containers.

Devtools at redhat.com