[Container-tools] Proposal - Moving container development tools docs to the Asciidoc format

Preeti Chandrashekar pchandra at redhat.com
Mon May 23 10:03:52 UTC 2016

Hi All,

In line with our ongoing efforts at streamlining the docs process, and in
order to ensure better upstream-downstream coordination, we are proposing
to move to the Asciidoc format for docs related to container development
tools in Project Atomic.

Adoption of Asciidoc would:
- allow us to leverage existing code for publishing to docs.projecatomic.io.
- allow for easier contribution by downstream communities that have
standardized on Asciidoc.

AsciiDoc belongs to the family of lightweight markup languages, the most
renowned of which is Markdown [1]. It is very similar to markdown in terms
of formatting and is not that steep a curve in terms of learning [2].

Please let us know what you think about this so that the docs team can
freeze on the process.

[1] [http://asciidoctor.org/docs/what-is-asciidoc/]
[2] [http://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-syntax-quick-reference/]

Thank you,