[Container-tools] [Devtools] [atomic-devel] Proposal - Moving container development tools docs to the Asciidoc format

Jason Porter jporter at redhat.com
Wed May 25 14:46:11 UTC 2016

Hi all, adding the asciidoc list here. There's some work going on around
docbookrx [1] to make it a better conversion utility. I strong recommend
looking it (if you're converting from docbook) and other tools those on the
asciidoc list know about.

[1] https://github.com/asciidoctor/docbookrx

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 4:53 AM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd <bex at pobox.com>
wrote:

> On 05/23/2016 08:44 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> On 05/23/2016 06:03 AM, Preeti Chandrashekar wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> In line with our ongoing efforts at streamlining the docs process, and
>>> in order to ensure better upstream-downstream coordination, we
>>> are proposing to move to the Asciidoc format for docs related to
>>> container development tools in Project Atomic.
>>>

>> I'm happy for this to be our default, but I'm concerned about making
>> existing projects port their docs.  For one thing, at least a couple of
>> projects make use of readthedocs.org, which requires a different format.
>>

> The initial goal is to port just ADB, vagrant-service-manager, and
> adb-utils.  Other projects should be considered on a case-by-case basis.
>

> regards,
>
> bex

Jason Porter
Senior Software Engineer