[Container-tools] using eval "$(vagrant service-manager env docker)" erases certs for docker registry

Budh Ram budhram.gurung01 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:07:37 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM, john gammon <jgammon at redhat.com> wrote:

> I have both a Openshift CDK and a plain standalone install of docker
> running on my RHEL7.2 workstation. CDK is for Openshift demos and
> evaluation. Standalone docker is also used to show demos like EAP Domain
> with mod_cluster and JON. SO I need both environments to function as needed
> though I typically do not need to use them simultaneously.
>
> To access the docker registry inside the CDK you have to run eval
> "$(vagrant service-manager env docker)"
>
> but unfortunately now I can no longer connect to my standalone docker
> registry because the certs have been erased possibly as a result of this
> command
>
> Ideas? Questions?
>
> Thanks

Hi John,

eval "$(vagrant service-manager env docker)" is not erasing any certs but
exporting few environment variables as

export DOCKER_HOST=tcp://172.28.128.4:2376
> export
> DOCKER_CERT_PATH=/foo/bar/.vagrant/machines/default/virtualbox/docker
> export DOCKER_TLS_VERIFY=1
> export DOCKER_API_VERSION=1.21

Probably, it has changed path for docker host as well as certs path.

Those environment variables will not exits if you open another terminal or
tab and you may not encounter this issue.

--
Regards,
Budh Ram Gurung