[Container-tools] Only able to login in Openshift with --insecure-skip-tls-verify=true

Jan van de Klok jan.van.de.klok at itris.nl
Fri Sep 2 09:55:09 UTC 2016

Hello there,
   I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on how to fix the
following problem with the Openshift CDK 2.1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
After installing the CDK I cannot log in on the CDK console using my
browser (firefox/Chrome)
A login using the browser with url: https://10.1.2.2:8443/console results
in the following error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.0.2.15:8443.

A loging with OC client results in this error:
[vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$ oc login -u admin -p admin https://10.1.2.2:8443
Unable to connect to the server: x509: certificate is valid for 10.0.2.15,
127.0.0.1, 172.17.0.1, 172.30.0.1, not 10.1.2.2
[vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$

Openshift seems to be running fine in the vagrant box. No errors or failure
hints in the log files as far as I can see.

Then I tried this :

*[vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$ oc login -u admin -p admin https://10.1.2.2:8443
<https://10.1.2.2:8443> --insecure-skip-tls-verify=trueLogin successful.You
have access to the following projects and can switch between them with 'oc
project <projectname>':  * default  * openshift  * openshift-infra  *
sample-project (current)Using project "sample-project".[vagrant at rhel-cdk
~]$ ^C*

*Adding the insedcure-skip-tls-verif=true does the trick here but still
something is not right here regarding the security. I can now loging using
the OC client but Iḿ still not able to access the console using my browser.*

*What is wrong with my CDK installation and how can I fix it??? *

*Any help is greatly appreciated!!!*

*Regards,*

*Jan van de Klok *