[Container-tools] Only able to login in Openshift with --insecure-skip-tls-verify=true

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 18:04:17 UTC 2016

On 09/02/2016 03:25 PM, Jan van de Klok wrote:
> Hello there,
>    I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on how to fix the
> following problem with the Openshift CDK 2.1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
> After installing the CDK I cannot log in on the CDK console using my
> browser (firefox/Chrome)
> A login using the browser with url: https://10.1.2.2:8443/console
> results in the following error:
>
> Unable to connect
>
> Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.0.2.15:8443
> <http://10.0.2.15:8443>.

The correct address for console is https://10.1.2.2:8443/console and I
have not seen this issue with CDK till now. Can you please provide the
steps to reproduce? Also I have couple of questions about your setup.
Are you using Virtualbox or libvirt? Which version of Vagrant you are using?

> A loging with OC client results in this error:
> [vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$ oc login -u admin -p admin https://10.1.2.2:8443
> Unable to connect to the server: x509: certificate is valid for
> 10.0.2.15, 127.0.0.1, 172.17.0.1, 172.30.0.1, not 10.1.2.2
> [vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$
>

> Openshift seems to be running fine in the vagrant box. No errors or
> failure hints in the log files as far as I can see.
>
> Then I tried this :
> *[vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$ oc login -u admin -p admin
> https://10.1.2.2:8443 --insecure-skip-tls-verify=true
> Login successful.
>
> You have access to the following projects and can switch between them
> with 'oc project <projectname>':
>
>   * default
>   * openshift
>   * openshift-infra
>   * sample-project (current)
>
> Using project "sample-project".
> [vagrant at rhel-cdk ~]$ ^C
>

> *
> *Adding the insedcure-skip-tls-verif=true does the trick here but
> still something is not right here regarding the security. I can now
> loging using the OC client but Iḿ still not able to access the console
> using my browser.
> *
*
*OpenShift console in CDK does not use a valid SSL certificate.Hence we
need to use insedcure-skip-tls-verif.

> *
> *
> *What is wrong with my CDK installation and how can I fix it???
>
> *
> *Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
>
> *
> *Regards,