[Container-tools] CDK issue with different home_directory

Praveen Kumar kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 06:51:52 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Charles Moulliard <cmoullia at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Charles,

> Is there an issue with CDK (3.0.0-20042017 & Minishift version:
> 1.0.0-rc.2) because I still get this message "You need to run 'minishift
> setup-cdk' first to install required CDK components." after issuing the
> commands
>
> 1) setup cdk
> ./minishift setup-cdk /minishift setup-cdk --minishift-home minishift-cdk
> Setting up CDK 3 on host using 'minishift-cdk' as Minishift's home
> directory
> Copying minishift-rhel7.iso to 'minishift-cdk/cache/iso/
> minishift-rhel7.iso'
> Copying oc to 'minishift-cdk/cache/oc/v3.5.5.5/oc'
> Creating configuration file 'minishift-cdk/config/config.json'
> Creating marker file 'minishift-cdk/cdk'
> Default add-ons anyuid, admin-user, eap-templates, fuse-templates installed
> Default add-ons anyuid, admin-user, eap-templates, fuse-templates enabled
> CDK 3 setup complete.

--minishift-home flag we added to keep our some of future roadmap plans in
place and make our integration testing automation. We don't expect user to
use it right now because still a user can have a single minishift instance
up and running and configuration comes from ~/.minishift which is default
value for `--minishift-home` flag.

> 2) start
> ./minishift start
> You need to run 'minishift setup-cdk' first to install required CDK
> components.

We need to a discussion around it or may be documentation as part of known
issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We created a jira[0] for
same.

[0] https://issues.jboss.org/projects/CDK/issues/CDK-117

--
Praveen Kumar