[Container-tools] How to install Hawkular on CDK openshift?

Robert Kratky rkratky at redhat.com
Thu Mar 23 09:41:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:09:32 -0600, Robb Greathouse <rgreatho at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Robb,

> I have been using CDK to install and develop with OpenShift.  The one thing
> I can't seem to do in install Hawkular.
>
> Can you recommend any documentation on how to do it?  I have tried these
> instructions
> https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.1/install_config/cluster_metrics.html
>

> And these
>
> http://guifreelife.com/blog/2016/06/16/Deploy-Hawkular-Metrics-in-CDK-2.0-OpenShift-3.1
>
> But the metrics-deployer.yaml doesn't install on the machine, though I do
> get an empty file call "metrics-deployer.yml" in the home directory of the
> user.

I haven't tried installing Hawkular myself, but from what you're saying (seeing the empty "metrics-deployer.yml" file), I guess that might be a part of the problem.

The instructions at guifreelife.com include the following step:

$ curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/master/roles/openshift_examples/files/examples/v1.2/infrastructure-templates/enterprise/metrics-deployer.yaml

However, the file doesn't exist at that location, hence the empty file you're getting.

The file is now available from:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/master/roles/openshift_hosted_templates/files/v1.5/enterprise/metrics-deployer.yaml

Perhaps if you try substituting the URL in that step, you might get better results.

Regards,
Robert

P.S. I'm CC'ing the container-tools mailing list for more people to see this.