[Container-tools] How to install Hawkular on CDK openshift?

Burr Sutter bsutter at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 13:27:18 UTC 2017

Robb, I assume that you want the metric graphs that are part of the
Overview page, is that right?

Are you essentially trying to emulate an "oc cluster up -metrics"?

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Robb Greathouse <rgreatho at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Confirmed that Hawkular has installed; but has not been able to start.
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Robb Greathouse <rgreatho at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> That worked to do the setup.
>>
>> But I get this error when trying to startup.
>>
>> 2017-03-23 03:13:34 -0400 EDT   2017-03-23 02:27:03 -0400 EDT   221
>> heapster-4x8j6   Pod       spec.containers{heapster}   Warning   Unhealthy
>>   {kubelet rhel-cdk}   Readiness probe failed: The heapster process is not
>> yet started, it is waiting for the Hawkular Metrics to start.
>>

>> It finally gave up.
>>

>> Now what?
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Robert Kratky <rkratky at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Robb,

>>> thing

>>> these
>>> ster_metrics.html

>>> cs-in-CDK-2.0-OpenShift-3.1

>>> do
>>> the
>>>
>>> I haven't tried installing Hawkular myself, but from what you're saying
>>> (seeing the empty "metrics-deployer.yml" file), I guess that might be a
>>> part of the problem.
>>>
>>> The instructions at guifreelife.com include the following step:
>>>
>>> $ curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift/openshift-ansibl
>>> e/master/roles/openshift_examples/files/examples/v1.2/infras
>>> tructure-templates/enterprise/metrics-deployer.yaml
>>>
>>> However, the file doesn't exist at that location, hence the empty file
>>> you're getting.
>>>
>>> The file is now available from:
>>>
>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift/openshift-ansibl
>>> e/master/roles/openshift_hosted_templates/files/v1.5/enterpr