[Container-tools] How to provision minishift (ansible)

Charles Moulliard cmoullia at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 11:09:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have developed some ansible playbooks in order to provision openshift
running using either "oc cluster up", "systemctl services" or "minishift"
to install developer features such as jenkins, ,nexus, jaeger, istio,
launcher, ... or to create x projects/users to demo purpose

Unfortunately the way that the centos's vm used by minishift is
designed/partitionned doesn' t allow us to run playbooks as vm crashes

Config
#########
minishift config view
- cpus                 : 4
- image-caching        : true
- iso-url              : centos
- memory               : 4G
- openshift-version    : v3.9.0-alpha.3
- vm-driver            : xhyve

Use case played
minishift will crash if we just install wget and oc client ....

https://gist.github.com/cmoulliard/8b617ddb3b57bcbc83d581536001277a

What do you recommend to do to provision minishift using ansible ?
Do we plan to have some convergences between "oc cluster up and "minishift"
to use ansible ?

Regards

Charles