[Crash-utility] gdb patch for Alpha

anderson at prospeed.net anderson at prospeed.net
Fri Dec 23 22:14:24 UTC 2005

> The gdb-6.1.tar.gz needs to be patched in order to fix an "invalid
> lvalue in assignment" bug on newer compilers on Alpha that prevents
> crash from building.
>
> This patch is the one in upstream gdb that resolves the issue:

Yep -- we're seeing those kinds of gdb-compile issues with the newer
compilers on other processors as well.  I'm going to create a
"gdb-6.1.patch" in the top-level directory, create a stanza for its
application in the Makefile, and invoke it during the initial build.
I wish I had done that years ago for the handful of gdb files that
are modified, instead of keeping their changes in CVS, but I'll
just keep updating a per-gdb-release patch file in place from now on.

Nice to hear somebody's still using alphas...