[Crash-utility] crash-4.0-2.10 ppc64 4-level pagetable fixes

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 19:42:21 UTC 2005

Badari Pulavarty wrote:

> Yep. You are right, those pages are not mapped. Initially
> I thought that was the case, but I wasn't really sure if it
> can happen with segments from shared libraries. (since
> the routine which is telling its not mapped involves
> going through my code).
>
> Anyway, I verified this on x86-64 machine also - I do
> get "read" error and those pages are not mapped.
>
> I guess, my changes are good :)
>
> Haren, can you review them ?
>
> Thanks,
> Badari

The patch looks just fine to me -- the only minor things to
add is a dump of the VM_ORIG/VM_4_LEVEL bits in
the ppc64_dump_machdep_table() debug function, and
although the "pud_clear_bad" is in all probability quite
suitable as a qualifier, it's probably also worth adding
an optional "--machdep vm=xxx" command line argument
like I put in place for the x86_64 equivalent.  Just to cover
our collective arse...

Anyway, upon Haren's blessing, it's good to go.

Again -- really nice work!