[Crash-utility] CA SEOS module causes heartburn for crash(1)

Kurtis D. Rader kdrader at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 26 15:45:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 10:43:58, Dave Anderson wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> This is probably a dumb question, but in your last two posts, you refer to
> "crash(1)".  In my source code repository, the man page is crash.8, and in
> Red Hat kernels, it would be referred to as crash(8).
>
> Is there some other crash variant out there that I'm not aware of?  I
> presuming the answer is no, but your last reference to an mmap operation
> threw me...

Sorry for the confusion. For many years I've been in the habit of appending
"(1)" to any command name when used in a sentence where there might be
ambiguity as to whether or not the reference is to a command. I don't
normally bother distinguishing between "normal" and "administrator"
commands in this context.

--
Kurtis D. Rader, Level 3 Linux Support
ABC Service Center, Linux Change Team