[Crash-utility] cannot determine idle task and cannot resolve init_task_union on x86

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Fri Apr 7 12:12:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm getting the following errors using crash 4.0-2.22 on a
2.6.16-1.2087_FC5.smp kernel.

crash: cannot determine idle task addresses from init_tasks[] or runqueues[]

crash: cannot resolve "init_task_union"

Now I just read the threads about this same error on
ppc64 as well as read the crash version 4.0-2.21 is available
release notes, but this is happening on x86 UP kernel
(although I'm using an SMP kernel) and with the latest
crash version 4.0-2.22

any ideas?

steved.

Disclaimer: I don't follow this mailing list as close as I probably
should so I'll pre-apologize is this has already been discussed
in a previous thread... If so please simply send the pointer...