[Crash-utility] Identifying structures related to memory , semaphores using crash utility

ram ba ahobalram at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 11:22:51 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  I was running crash to analyse a vmcore generated by a  2.6.16.21-0.8.uis.1-smp kernel ( on x86_64 architecture). During this I came to know that we get a list of all kernel symbols with the help of "sym -l" command. With the help of "whatis" command we can know the symbol definition.But applying "whatis" command to each symbol and checking its definition appears to be tedious. Is there any other way to identify as to which symbols represent structures?
          Also I wanted to isolate the structures related to memory, semaphores, tasks. Since I am new to crash utility, I couldn't get much information. Could you please provide some suggestions as to how to go about it.
  Thanks,
  Ramya