[Crash-utility] crash ppc64 fixes to deal with per_cpu_offsetchanges

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 21:59:33 UTC 2006

Badari Pulavarty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After 2.6.15, ppc64 per_cpu_offsets are moved to "paca"
> structure. Here is the patch to make crash read per-cpu-offsets
> from paca structure.
>
> Without this patch, you get following error while running
> crash. Please apply.
>
> crash: cannot determine idle task addresses from init_tasks[] or
> runqueues[]
>
> crash: cannot resolve "init_task_union"
>
> Thanks,
> Badari

Hi Badari,

This looks just fine to me.  Can you verify that "make Warn" compiles it
cleanly?  It looks like it should, but I don't have a ppc64 readily available.

Also, a minor nit -- for debug purposes only -- can you add this new
"ppc64_paca" size display to the dump_offset_table() routine -- just
under the "x8664_pda" size display?