[Crash-utility] Problem with using crash 4.0-2.21 on ppc

Rachita Kothiyal rachita at in.ibm.com
Wed Feb 22 11:11:04 UTC 2006

Hi

I tried crash 4.0-2.21 on a 2.6.16-rc4 kernel on a ppc64
machine(Power5). Trying to analyse vmcore(from kdump) gave me
the following error:

crash: pglist_data.node_mem_map structure member does not exist.
crash: certain memory-related commands will fail or display invalid data
crash: cannot determine idle task addresses from init_tasks[] or runqueues[]
crash: cannot resolve "init_task_union"

But I was able to run it ok on a live system.

Any thoughts on what could be going wrong? Or am I missing
something?

Thanks
Rachita