[Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-2.33 is available / vacation notice

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Jul 13 19:03:11 UTC 2006

> Can you be more specific?  The code is certainly not supposed to
> be "effectively commented out":

Mea culpa -- the function returns NULL first thing,
causing some compilers to rightfully barf...

  static char *
  x86_xen_kdump_load_page_PAE(ulong kvaddr, char *pgbuf)
  {
          return NULL;
          ulonglong *entry;
          ulonglong *up;
          ulong mfn;

The function was originally a stub, but later I added the
(untested) code, and left the return in place.  The VAlinux
guys had furnished me with a non-PAE xen kdump vmcore, and
since there aren't any xen kdump *PAE* dumpfiles in existence
on the planet that I'm aware of, it shouldn't hurt, of course
unless your compiler won't accept it...

Anyway, 4.0-2.33 is available if you need it.

Also, I will be going on vacation -- basically starting right
now -- and won't be back until July 31st.  I don't plan on
being internet-visible until then, so if anything comes up
between now and then that needs me, it'll have to wait...