[Crash-utility] What's your suggestion on how to get crash dumps on a stock Linus/kernel.org kernel?

Piet Delaney piet at bluelane.com
Sat Jul 15 02:10:41 UTC 2006

Hi Castor, Dave:

Long time since we chatted. I was thinking you guys
might be a good source to a good approach to setting
up for crash dumps. My guess is using kexec in a 2.6.13
or later kernel, kdump, and then gdb+ddd and crash.

I noticed Castor is still involved with LKCD so I thought
I check to see if I'm right. I'm using Amit's kgdb and it's
hanging in there, thought only in limited configurations
with a bit of messing around.

Sounds like you guys are doing nice work on
crash for Xen. I was curious what the state
is for kgdb on Xen.

-piet

--
Piet Delaney