[Crash-utility] Re: crash with Xen dom0 image from kdump

Horms horms at verge.net.au
Wed Jun 14 10:56:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:46:45AM +0900, Simon Horman [Horms] wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:41:07PM +0900, Kazuo Moriwaka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not clear about shadow mode; are vcpu->arch.shadow_table need for
> > shadow-mode domains?
>
> To be perfectly honest, I'm not clear about it either.
> The code below probably does not cover shadow mode, but
> it should be easy enough to fix, probably using vcpu->arch.shadow_table
> as you suggest. I'll look into it some more.

After talking things over a little with Yamahata-san (who works on
xen-ia64), it seems that using vcpu->arch.guest_table is correct.
I guess we shall see.

I added some code to kdump to have it record CR3 for dom0. This is
done using a second note in the per-cpu notes area, which for now
just stores a single 4byte entity, the mfn of that CPU in dom0
if it was present in dom0.

I have made a dump available that includes this. The tarball
also includes the kernels, xen, symbol files, and patches to xen.
If you want to find the cr3 saving code its in ./arch/x86/crash.c

I plan to post this update to xen-devel shortly, hopefully tomorrow,
after upporting to the latest xen tree (I'm still working off about
3 weeks ago's tree).

http://packages.vergenet.net/tmp/xen-unstable.hg+kexec-20060616.tar.bz2

--
西門 宝曼 (サイモン・ホーマン) | Simon Horman (Horms)