[Crash-utility] poisoned per_cpu data not handled on ppc64

Haren Myneni hbabu at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 9 21:03:18 UTC 2006

crash-utility-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 03/09/2006 12:24:26 PM:

> Dave Anderson wrote:
>
> > Sorry -- I see that NR_CPUS is 128 for ppc64 in crash...
> >
> > But the question remains, do you want to absolutely depend
> > upon that always being the case in the kernel?
> >
> > Dave
>
> Actually, looking again at the paca code, it doesn't seem that
> it is dependent upon the kernel NR_CPUS value.

Dave,

Since, we are iterating on nr_paca, though that it may not be an issue
even if the kernel changed NR_CPUS to < 128. The only issue is we are
reading NR_CPUS/8 for cpu_online_map - not using the remaining part.

Probably, it will be more clear if you the cpu_online_map size is based on
nr_paca.

Like moving the following line  after calculated nr_paca:

+       readmem(symbol_value("cpu_online_map"), KVADDR,
&cpu_online_map[0],
+               nr_paca/8, "cpu_online_map", FAULT_ON_ERROR);
+

Can I go ahead and change it? - drawback of this approach is if the
NR_CPUS in the kernel is greater than 128.

or do you prefer actual allocating the online_map based on nr_paca? I will
make changes based on your suggestions.

Thanks
Haren