[Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-2.22 is available

Maneesh Soni maneesh at in.ibm.com
Mon Mar 27 17:33:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:27:16AM -0500, Dave Anderson wrote:
<snip>

> Don't really have one -- the prime function in keeping the crash utility
> alive is to keep up with kernel data-structure changes that break
> dependencies that crash has.

Yes, keeping crash up-to-date should be at the top of to-do list. But is
it OK to change "crash" for kernel code which is still in -mm, -rc,
-rt etc? Like current crash cannot open 2.6.16-mm1 kdump due to
pgdat_list related changes. Also, I think developers would like to see
crash working even with their developmental kernel. So just wondering
if there is any way to address this issue.

Thanks
Maneesh