[Crash-utility] xencrash-0.2 and crash version 4.0-3.13

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 19:34:27 UTC 2006

Hello Itsuro,

Please use the current crash utility version for all future
"xencrash" patches.  As noted in the release announcement,
version 4.0-3.13 contains an adaptation of your most recent
patch.  Please verify that the modifications that I made to your
patch are to your satisfaction.

I do note, using the vmcores I received today from Magnus Damm, which
were created using his latest xen kernel kdump patch and kexec-tools
patches, that running crash with the xen-syms file fails during initialization.
I was going to look into why, but I will leave that up to you.

In the meantime, I will work on getting crash to work with Magnus's new
NT_XEN_KDUMP_CR3 ELF note format for analyzing dom0 vmlinux dumps.

Thanks very much,