[Crash-utility] user_regs_struct is not a VALID_STRUCT ?

Rachita Kothiyal rachita at in.ibm.com
Mon Oct 9 14:46:39 UTC 2006

Hi Dave

I was running crash to analyse a vmcore generated by a 2.6.18-rc4 kernel. Even though 'struct user_regs_struct' is defined in the kernel, STRUCT_SIZE_INIT() gets a -1 for it (reflects in help -o). Of what I understand, when we call STRUCT_SIZE_INIT, crash calls gdb and sends a request to look up the symbol table for this structure's entry, which gdb is not able to find. Hence returns a -1. I verified that it was doing this when I ran gdb over crash.

I dont understand why this is..am I missing something here ?
Could you please suggest some way I could debug this more...

Thanks
Rachita